In July, we bought this fixer-upper:
After 3 months and a substantial number of renovation dollars, I present…..
(hushed, excited whispers)
(maybe a little cowbell)
That’s right, almost all our renovation dollars were spent on stuff you can’t see! Psychologically speaking, this was a terrible decision! We should have just lit a pile of money on fire in the front yard!
Here’s a breakdown of where the dollars went:
- New Roof – Hartsfield Roofing & Construction
- Complete Rewire – Chad O’Hara’s Quality Electrical Services
- Foundation Work – Alpha Foundation Systems
- Vermin Elimination – Black Thumb
- Plumbing and Gas – White’s Plumbing
- HVAC Unit and Duct Replacement – Central Heating Consultants
- Drywall Repairs – Wall Doctors
Fear not! It appears the hard part is over. We’ve unpacked most of our boxes and are gearing up to paint. We’re going to start with our own room. The kids are miffed, but HEY, they don’t pay the mortgage.
Jason asked for a blue room, so I picked three shades to test:
Top to bottom, that’s Wythe Blue (Benjamin Moore), Palladian Blue (Benjamin Moore), and Flora (Behr). I liked the darkest and he liked the lightest, so we compromised on the middle shade.
And that’s marriage in a nutshell.